The Gloucestershire training overview is shown below.
This page last updated : 10/01/2019
First Response – Cheltenham – January
Safeguarding – Cheltenham – February
Modules 12A, 12B, 17, 18 – Forest of Dean – March
Further Practical Skills – Forest of Dean – March
This new event is for those leaders who really don’t understand some of the basic outdoor items like fire lighting and basic map work. Come along and learn these skills
Previously added 19/10/2018
Getting Started / Safeguarding / Executive
Gloucester (Oct 2018 – Jan 2019)
- Anyone may book a place on any of the modules regardless of where they are being run. To book, please send an application form to the County Training Administrator, Derek Newman, as detailed on the form
- Training is free to Gloucestershire Leaders, and leaders from other counties with reciprocal arrangements, but where the application includes module 38 (Nights Away) the form must be accompanied by a remittance for £20.00, also as detailed on the form
- The closing date for all modules is 14 days prior to the session
- Open evenings/validation sessions, where published, are for anyone who wishes to discuss their personal learning plan or who has modules requiring validation. The elements to be covered before validation can take place are shown in the Adults Personal File which will usually be given to you by your Training Adviser at your first meeting.
- Modules 1-4, First Response and Safeguarding are co-ordinated within each District. However, they are normally also open to leaders from other districts. Please contact the organiser, as detailed in the diary entry, if you would like to attend one of these courses.
Booking Forms and Diary
County training diary (Date Order) – updated 10th January, 2019
The latest diary can be found here (PDF version):
The latest diary can be found here (Word version):
County training diary (Module order) – updated 10th January, 2019
The latest diary by module can be found here (PDF version):
The latest diary by module can be found here (Word version):
The training modules have been arranged into Training Units by the County Training Team. These Units comprise training modules which are linked – and our training days are organised on the basis of these Units.
There are two application forms available:
One shows the modules in their respective Units – easy if you are spending a whole day with us.
The application form based on Units can be found here:
The other form lists every module which the Training Team delivers – including those for Managers and Executive Committee Members. If you only want to attend for specific individual courses please use this form.
The general application form can be found here:
If you are having any difficulty please contact the County Training Administrator – details in the County directory