The Gloucestershire training overview is shown below.
This page last updated : 08/07/2019
The Forest of Dean District are running a couple of special Leader Days which are open to other leaders across the county. Contact Gareth Ovens for more info (see the event in the County Diary for contact link):
1st September – Basic Backwoods Skills – 1 day
14th/15th September – Basic Skills for a Section – 2 days. Potential for camping overnight if required.
Previous Update 02/07/2019
Gloucester District programme through to July 2020 (including locally delivered county Safeguarding and First Response courses) loaded
Previous Update 18/06/2019
Safeguarding, First Aid and Getting Started – September, Leonard Stanley. Additional Manager & Supporter training courses listed
Previous Update 18/05/2019
The training programme has been restructured into 6 units (from the previous 4) and we have added a practical session to help those new to scouting or struggling in a particular area. The structure of the new units with brief description can be found here :
Training provision is only useful if people use it! Help us to help all leaders by advertising our courses. Please find below a poster which you can download and put on your Group noticeboards.
Those roles classified as Managers and Supporters (e.g. Commisiioners and GSLs) have some specialised training packages as well as the relevant core modules. These training courses are organised by South West Region. Your Training Adviser (MandS) can advise on recovery of travel costs etc. as provision of these courses will move around the region.
As these courses are notified they will be listed here. To book on to them you will need to go to the website www.swscout.training.
- Skills of Management – Potterne, Wilts – 28/29 September 2019
- Skills of Management – Cranham, Glos – 05/06 October 2019
- Skills of Management – Butchers Coppice, Dorset – 05/06 October, 2019
- Meeting the Challenge – Guernsey – 12 October, 2019
The Training Team has compiled a programme through to the end of 2019 and this is now available in the Training Diary below. We have retained the two types of booking form. One form has the modules listed by complete unit and includes those modules delivered by the county team. The other form is in module number order and includes every core module (including Getting Started) – please note this includes modules booked through Local Training Managers as well as those booked through the County Training Administrator.
- Anyone may book a place on any of the modules regardless of where they are being run. To book, please send an application form to the organiser as detailed in the diary entry (or County Training Administrator, as listed on the form, if in doubt)
- Training is free to Gloucestershire Leaders, and leaders from other counties with reciprocal arrangements.
- The closing date for all modules is 14 days prior to the session
- Open evenings/validation sessions, where published, are for anyone who wishes to discuss their personal learning plan or who has modules requiring validation. The elements to be covered before validation can take place are shown in the Adults Personal File which will usually be given to you by your Training Adviser at your first meeting.
- Modules 1-4, First Response and Safeguarding are co-ordinated within each District. However, they are normally also open to leaders from other districts. Please contact the organiser, as detailed in the diary entry, if you would like to attend one of these courses.
Booking Forms and Diary
County training diary (Date Order) – updated 8th July, 2019
The latest diary can be found here (PDF version):
The latest diary can be found here (Word version):
County training diary (Module order) – updated 8th July, 2019
The latest diary by module can be found here (PDF version):
The latest diary by module can be found here (Word version):
The booking form based on Units can be found here:
The individual module booking form can be found here:
If you are having any difficulty please contact the County Training Administrator – details in the County directory