Could you inspire?
Vacancies in Gloucestershire Scouts
Scouting offers young people the chance to have fun, learn new things and to develop new friendships. It provides exciting activities and games and opportunities to gain badges and awards. Through Scouting, young people can acquire the skills and knowledge that can be used for the rest of their lives.
Being a volunteer in Scouting can be incredibly rewarding; it can also enhance your CV and provide charity trustee experience.
If you would like to get involved in Scouting in any capacity – working with young people, managing adult volunteers or providing administrative support – please contact Louise Little, County Administrator at: email@example.com. You will then be put in touch with the relevant adults in your local area.
Listed below are some of the vacancies in Districts within Gloucestershire and in our county team:
District Commissioner team – Cotswold
District Commissioner team – North Cotswold
Scouting is a worldwide organisation that provides opportunities for young people to develop and enables volunteer adults to develop skills too through training and support which can enhance CV’s and professional roles too.
As part of a District Commissioner (DC) Team in North Cotswold, you would be focussed on supporting adults to inspire and enable them to deliver amazing programmes to young people. The role of DC in any district is best supported by a small team who together will develop Scouting, support Adults and help ensure young people get programmes that are full of fun and adventure.
The district is supported by a proud and progressive group of Adults who support Scouting for over 300 Young People in Gloucestershire. We are looking to recruit two teams, ideally made up of three team members with the following responsibilities:
- DC Lead – responsible for leading and inspiring the district leadership team, made up of Assistant District Commissioners and Deputy District Commissioners.
- Deputy DC (People) – will work with the Local Training Manager in the District to ensure that adults have access to training and support. This person will also support managers across the district to enable reviews to be undertaken and Adult awards.
- Deputy DC (Programme) – will focus on supporting our amazing adults to continue to deliver exciting balanced programmes, provide support for them to lead and undertake adventurous activities and help Young People maximise their opportunity to achieve the Scouting Awards. Skills for all members of the team.
Required: Good communication skills, ability to work as a team, organise own time and tasks and some computer literacy
Desirable: Able to inspire and lead adults, provide vision and direction, and Knowledge of Scouting and the Quality Programme. Roles are supported by the district and the wider county with training to develop skills for all adults.
If part of, or all of one of these roles interest you please do enquire. For more information or to apply, please phone or email: Louise Little firstname.lastname@example.org 01452 814256
Gloucestershire Scout Activities Support Unit (SASU) Manager
We have now formally established the Gloucestershire Scout Activities Support Unit (SASU).
The purpose of the SASU is to support Young People and Adults in undertaking activities (for fun), permit training and permit assessments across the County.
The SASU needs a manager – could this be you or someone you know? Ideally we would like someone who doesn’t have other roles so that they can focus on establishing the SASU, however, applications are open to anyone over the age of 18 so please contact us to discuss further if you are interested.
The Manager is responsible for the management, leadership and day-to-day running of the SASU. They will work under the Leadership of the ACC – Activities, alongside the MAPS to support the provision of permit assessments and provide Line Management of the Skills Instructors. The Manager will ensure the SASU agreement is reviewed annually to ensure that the targets set are being accomplished.
Should you wish to apply for the role, or have a discussion about it, please contact email@example.com
County Media & Comms Manager
As you will all know, effective communications are at the heart of effective Scouting amongst adults. With this in mind, the County Commissioner wants to place a significant focus on how we can use communications effectively together to achieve amazing Scouting across Gloucestershire. This new role will involve:
- Working with the Senior Leadership team to develop a communication strategy that reflects our National and County brand and tone of voice.
- Working with our “Web Monkeys” team and magazine editor to develop our outward facing website and our information for our adults in Scouting.
- Liaise with Districts to support County-wide communication strategy.
- Helping adults get the information they need, when they need it.
Gloucestershire Scouting supports flexible volunteering where we will look to shape roles around the volunteers who are willing to do them. If interested, and the key responsibilities are something that you believe you can support, then please do apply and find out more.