iScout - Could you?
Vacancies in Gloucestershire Scouts
Scouting offers young people the chance to have fun, learn new things and to develop new friendships. It provides exciting activities and games and opportunities to gain badges and awards. Through Scouting, young people can acquire the skills and knowledge that can be used for the rest of their lives.
Being a volunteer in Scouting can be incredibly rewarding; it can also enhance your CV and provide charity trustee experience.
If you would like to get involved in Scouting in any capacity – working with young people, managing adult volunteers or providing administrative support – please contact Louise Little, County Administrator at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then be put in touch with the relevant adults in your local area.
Listed below are some of the vacancies in Districts within Gloucestershire and in our county team:
Youth commissioner – Cotswold Vale
We are looking for an individual aged 18 – 24 to be part of our District Team as the District Youth Commissioner. You will support young people and amazing adult volunteers to help achieve the County Vision 2020 and beyond! You will work with all groups and units in Cotswold Vale to share expertise and skills that will empower our young people to achieve great things.
COULD THIS BE YOU?
If so then please apply via the county administration office by 6 December 2019, using no more than 150 words to say what you will bring to the role. email: email@example.com
Cotswold and North Cotswold District Commissioners (2 roles)
Scouting is a worldwide organisation that provides opportunities for young people to develop and enables volunteer adults to develop skills too through training and support which can enhance CV’s and professional roles too.
As part of a District Commissioner (DC) Team in Cotswold or North Cotswold, you would be focussed on supporting adults to inspire and enable them to deliver amazing programmes to young people. The role of DC in such a large district is best supported by a small team who together will develop Scouting, support Adults and help ensure young people get programmes that are full of fun and adventure.
Both districts are supported by a proud and progressive group of Adults who support Scouting for over 700 Young People in Gloucestershire. We are looking to recruit two teams, ideally made up of three team members with the following responsibilities:
- DC Lead – responsible for leading and inspiring the district leadership team, made up of Assistant District Commissioners and Deputy District Commissioners.
- Deputy DC (People) – will work with the Local Training Manager in the District to ensure that adults have access to training and support. This person will also support managers across the district to enable reviews to be undertaken and Adult awards.
- Deputy DC (Programme) – will focus on supporting our amazing adults to continue to deliver exciting balanced programmes, provide support for them to lead and undertake adventurous activities and help Young People maximise their opportunity to achieve the Scouting Awards. Skills for all members of the team.
Required: Good communication skills, ability to work as a team, organise own time and tasks and some computer literacy
Desirable: Able to inspire and lead adults, provide vision and direction, and Knowledge of Scouting and the Quality Programme. Roles are supported by the district and the wider county with training to develop skills for all adults.
If part of, or all of one of these roles interest you please do enquire. For more information or to apply, please phone or email: Louise Little firstname.lastname@example.org 01452 814256
County Media & Comms Manager
As you will all know, effective communications are at the heart of effective Scouting amongst adults. With this in mind, the County Commissioner wants to place a significant focus on how we can use communications effectively together to achieve amazing Scouting across Gloucestershire. This new role will involve:
- Working with the Senior Leadership team to develop a communication strategy that reflects our National and County brand and tone of voice.
- Working with our “Web Monkeys” team and magazine editor to develop our outward facing website and our information for our adults in Scouting.
- Liaise with Districts to support County-wide communication strategy.
- Helping adults get the information they need, when they need it.
Gloucestershire Scouting supports flexible volunteering where we will look to shape roles around the volunteers who are willing to do them. If interested, and the key responsibilities are something that you believe you can support, then please do apply and find out more.